The Age on stage project aims at using theatre arts, as a tool to combat social exclusion and isolation as well as stimulating active citizen participation among elderly people and make them feel part of an inclusive Europe. Drama therapy for seniors, increases mental acuity, enhances the elderly’s relationships with those around them, bolsters self-esteem, and is just plain fun.
The Age on stage project has the objective to develop a Theatre lab pathway focused on life Stories of seniors participants. Theatre Lab project will introduce acting and presentation skills to help older people shape their memories into stories culminating in a public performance for peers and others in the community. Trainers will encourage participants to recall sometimes rare memories stirred by a common item, such as a thimble, or a question such as “Can you describe the first kitchen you ever remember eating in ? Do you remember the first time you used remote control for television ?
The pathway will be on paper and on line as well to be transferred and exploited also by different vulnerable targets like migrants, drop out, offenders/ex-offenders.
The actions of the project are:
- Development of a common theatre pathway to involve elderly and help them to exit isolation, exclusion and feeling active citizens again.
- Creation of a stable theatre lab of the life stories theatre to deliver the pathway.
- Adaptation of the pathway into a virtual dedicated platform, which will include the curriculum, graphics and videos, interactive material, games, and a dedicated chat rooms for participants to exchange ideas and practices.
- Short staff training to train trainers on the pathway.
- Piloting the curriculum with seniors.
- Learning activity for seniors.
- Final performance.
- Dissemination activities.
- Evaluation and quality control.
- Drowning of a dedicated logo and web site
For further information: